July 11, 2008

Closer To You


Lord, I come before You,
In my darkest hour of need.
You tell me that You love me,
So here I am on my knees.

I feel like You have abandoned me,
For I cannot hear Your voice.
But all You really want from me,
Is for me to make a choice.

You have sent stumbling blocks,
To keep me on the path.
Time and again I stray from You,
And reap the consequence of wrath.

So here I am before You Lord,
I need You now I plead.
Please, O Lord, don't abandon me,
In my time of need.

I now realize Lord,
That You have never left me.
You have been right there beside me,
In my time of need.

I never want to leave You,
I just want to be close to Thee.
Thank You Lord for showing me,
That I am closest to You when I am on my knees.

So Lord please heed my call,
For this is just my plea.
That if I ever stray from You,
Please strike me to my knees.

My name is Robert Emery. I am a 25 year old male from Indianapolis, Indiana. I have always loved God and want to use every talent that He has given me bring everyone I meet to have a relationship with the One True God.


0 komentar:

Post a Comment